There are so many things to get done and so little time. Sometimes this thought stresses us out to the point we don't get anything done at all because we don't even know where to start. This week on our podcast we talk about 5 tips we use to maximize our productivity (links below).
We get a question quite often from people at work "how do you do so much and still work a full-time job?" The answer to me is simple- priorities. There is one saying in life that absolutely drives me crazy and that is when people say "I can't do ____ or get to ____ because I don't have the time for it." I'm thinking no, it just isn't a priority to you. I truly make a conscious effort to never say I don't have time for something now days because I always find time or make time for a task that has priority. It is okay if we just admit to ourselves that something isn't a priority in our life at the moment- like a clean house, homemade cooking or hanging out with friends. It is completely okay. I literally have not made cooking a priority at all these last 3 months and that is OK, but I have made a clean house a priority and I am super proud of myself for that. Anyways, lets get to what this blogpost is all about- 5 tips to maximize productivity.
Here is a list Brandon and I compiled and a quick recap-
1. Ditch the TV
- Jen- Creates an environment with less distraction & for deeper conversation
- Brandon- When you are bored and you do not have a TV to fall back on, what are
you going to do? Be intentional with those 168 hours a week!
2. Make a to-do list
- Jen- I keep a daily list of things I want to accomplish that day. Once I write it
down it forces me to finish the task. Also, it organizes your thoughts and
alleviates stress of trying to remember everything you need to get done.
- Brandon- Making a list frees up your mind to focus on things that need to be
done now. The list is for things you can get done later. Then crossing things off
your list is so satisfying.
3. Pre-pack your bags
- Jen- Physically get your stuff ready to prepare yourself (pt. 3, 4, 5 all go together)
- Brandon- I am literally always wearing running shorts... weird? I know.
4. Do something physical in the morning
- Jen's reason- There is something about this that changes your day for the better
- Brandon- being productive first thing in the morning sets up your day for being
5. Reflect on what needs to get done
- Jen's reason- Take a moment to mentally prepare for the day.
- Brandon- Reflect on what you have accomplished and what still needs to get
We go into greater depth on our podcast episode on each topic and why we chose each one. It is okay to not maximize your productivity everyday- we all need our rest days! Just make sure that you are always striving to be a better person tomorrow than you were today. Thanks for being here with us.
To listen to this week's episode they are linked below ⬇️
We can't thank you guys enough for following our journey!
Jenn & Brandon